Category Archives: News and Announcements
Here are the Meet & Greet Dates!
UPDATED TIME AND LOCATION FOR PRE-K:
Pre-K:Wednesday, August 29th, 11:00 am, Little Yard
Kindergarten: Wednesday, August 29th, 9:00 am, Little Yard
UPDATED TIME AND LOCATION FOR FIRST GRADE:
1st Grade: Thursday, August 30th, 9:00 am, Little Yard
2nd Grade: Wednesday, August 29th, 10:00 am, Little Yard
3rd Grade: Thursday, August 30th, 10:00 am, Little Yard
4th Grade: Tuesday, August 28th, 9:00 am, Little Yard
5th Grade: Tuesday, August 28th, 10:00 am, Little Yard
Dear PS 32 community,
At PS 32, our mission is to provide engaging, enriching learning experiences for each of our students. As we strive to offer all our children this type of education, we also maintain our collective focus on equity and opportunity, especially for those who need our support most. At the last PTA meeting , the PS 32 PTA took a big step to support this vision by voting to merge our Good Shepherd after school program with the PTA-facilitated after school enrichment program. The PTA’s leadership in this area ensures that all PS 32 children will receive a safe, enriching, and meaningful afterschool experience each and every day.
The unification of our Good Shepherd and PTA-facilitated programs presents a new opportunity for PS 32 staff members to facilitate and lead enrichment programming for our students. We anticipate that next school year, our after school program will be offered Monday through Friday from 3:00 – 6:00. Hours will have some flexibility; please stay tuned for additional information as the plan for the program is concretized.
Thank you for your support and contributions as we work to bring this vision of equity and enrichment to life for each of our students. We couldn’t do the good work that we do at PS 32 without you!
Get a head start on your fall school supplies shopping! Click on the links below to view & print out supplies lists by grade. Help raise funds for our PTA by shopping for school supplies at ps32.org/amazon:
ART SUPPLY LIST FOR ALL GRADES:
We hope that your summer was filled with fun, sun, and lots of reading! We also hope you and your children enjoyed our summer reading books, Love That Cat and Hate That Dog by Sharon Creech.
A VoiceThread website has been setup to allow us all to share in the book club.
To view the Summer Reading VoiceThread Book Club Site Go to: https://goo.gl/zc9XTc or click on the VoiceThread Summer Reading Book Club link at http://ps32.org/library-resour
PS32 2018-19 PTA Executive Board Spots are STILL OPEN! What are the Available Positions?
– At PS32 we have a total of 8 Executive Board Positions which are Co-Positions for each of the following: President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
– Positions are typically filled in the Spring but some non-mandated positions may be filled in the Fall of 2018. For more and detailed information please email PTA@PS32.org
P.S. 32 – SAMUEL MILLS SPROLE SCHOOL
317 HOYT STREET, BROOKLYN NY 11231
APPLICATIONS WILL CONTINUE TO BE AVAILABLE ON A ROLLING BASIS
- Applications are distributed on site at P.S. 32 and available online
- Original documents are required.
- Eligible children must be at least 5 years old in order to enroll in After School.
- All applications must include a current and stamped physical examination form from, completed within the last 365 days.
- Only complete applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. This also applies to sibling applications.
- Acceptance notifications and mandatory parent orientation dates will be announced in August 2018.
QUESTIONS? VISIT US IN ROOM B137, EMAIL OR CALL.
Karl Apelgren, Program Director
Office (718) 625-5876
Please contact Principal Ms. Watsin-Adin if you have any questions or concerns regarding the construction.
Good news! PS32 is now a Fairway Community Partner! Look for Fairway Community Partners cards coming home in backpacks. With every dollar you spend at Fairway Market; more than 3% in cash of total purchases will be donated back to our PTA of PS32 fund!